IPD is a public listed Australian company specialised in providing electrical engineering products and solutions to the Australian market for over 65 years. The IPD Colombo team is the offshore unit of IPD Australia and currently consists of over 150 professionals collaborating with over 290 team members across Australia in a dynamic and innovative environment to achieve high quality results.
We are looking for a smart and innovative person to support our broad product portfolio in our diverse business. The individual must a strong technical background with experience in Control systems, Industrial automation and the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Technical support work related to Motor controllers, VFD’s, Safety controls and Hazardous applications, Industrial Ethernet, Sensors & Actuators, PLC programming and customization, HMI configuration, Relays, Timers and Power monitoring.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues/enquires.
- Identify client requirements through complex control/flow diagrams and provide technical solution.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary knowledge and technical expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level qualification in Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics/Mechanical or similar field
- Working experience as an Automation Engineer/ Control Systems Engineer for Manufacturer/ OEM/ System integrator would be added advantage.
- Experience in Motor control applications including VFD’s, Soft starters would be beneficial
- Knowledge in PLC Programming (IEC611-3)/SCADA systems/Sensors & Actuators and Industrial Ethernet.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Willing to work according to Australian calendar and Australian working hours
What we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Friendly & Flexible work environment
- A good WORK-LIFE balance
- International exposure
- Career Development
- Hands-on Training
Applications will close Tuesday, 9th August. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.